Polyetherketoneketone (PEKK) is an exceptional semi-crystalline high-performance thermoplastic. Coming from the polyaryletherketone (PAEK) family of polymers, it is recognised for its high-temperature stability and outstanding mechanical strength. Various industries widely regard PEKK as a top-performing material.
Some manufacturers have incorporated carbon fibers into PEKK to further enhance the rigidity and mechanical properties of the material, resulting in a highly robust composite
- High thermal resistance
- High Mechanical strength
- High Chemical Resistance
- Flame Retardant
- Great Printability
- Strong Abrasion Resistance
- Density: 1.28g/cm3
- Maximum Service Temperature: 150°C
- Tensile Strength: 87MPa
- *Please note that these properties serve as general guidelines and may vary based on the specific formulation of the filament. For detailed technical data, kindly contact us to obtain our comprehensive Technical Data Sheet (TDS).
- Aerospace Industry: PEKK’s high-temperature resistance and mechanical strength make it suitable for aerospace components, such as aircraft interiors, engine parts, and structural elements.
- Transport Industry: PEKK is utilised in the transport sector for manufacturing lightweight but robust components in automobiles, trains, and ships.
- Energy, Oil, and Gas: The material’s chemical resistance and high-performance characteristics make it valuable for applications in the energy sector. This includes oil and gas exploration, power generation, and renewable energy systems.
Get your PEKK material or parts that are 3D Printed today! Need help? Contact us and we will get back to you.
Some links to articles are not live yet. Please be patient while we continue to update this post and our site with new articles if there are any new developments.